- A mid to long-term forward-looking approach, through the development of road maps for key Spanish industries (automotive, aeronautics, railway, capital goods and consumer goods
- Networking, by developing physical and virtual spaces for collaboration between companies, universities, research centres and public administration bodies.
- Proximity to Spanish public administration bodies, to bolster policies and strategies for public-private collaboration within the framework of advanced manufacturing systems.
- An international liaison, to serve as a mirror of international manufacturing initiatives.
- Synergies with complementary technologies, through collaboration with other, similar Spanish platforms.
- Monitoring new strategic initiatives, such as Additive Manufacturing, Connected Industry 4.0, etc.
- Promoting new lines of business and training activities, by encouraging the participation of Spanish entities in regional, national and international R&D&i and educational programs.